okapitaxes

Why did I get an email for a credit monitoring alert?

Does this mean someone tried to get credit in my name?

If you enrolled in the “Turbo” brand credit monitoring service from Intuit, you may get emails when there are changes to your TransUnion credit file.  They can include that you paid off the debt, or that your credit score has changed, or that new credit was opened in your name.  If the email does not have details, you will need to log into your account and see what the change is.  

Because real emails can be copied and used by scammers, don’t click any direct links in the email. Instead, login to Turbo from a web browser or use the smart device app. You can also access your credit reports at www.annualcreditreport.com.

Dnardini

Please STOP checking my credit. I dont need your help. 

@Dnardini wrote:

Then cancel your Turbo account - https://turbo.intuit.com/

I'm not sure you can close your Turbo® account without closing all your Intuit accounts and deleting all your data (Turbotax, Mint, Turbo, etc.).  I want to look into this further.  However, you can turn off all Turbo-related emails.  Log into Turbo or Turbotax, click "Intuit Account" at the bottom left, then click "Data and Privacy" then click "Notifications" to see what email notifications you are receiving and turn off any you don't want.