Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why can't I import my tax documents from Fidelity Investments? I keep getting this message: "Import volume exceeded, Please try another way"

I've tried a few times to import from Turbotax Premium with my Fidelity credentials. It connected to Fidelity, but keep getting the same error message above.
Another message read: "Tax form data is available for import but has exceeded allowable import volume"
I did not have this issue last year at all.
Please help me soon!  thanks
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
QPZ
Level 2

Why can't I import my tax documents from Fidelity Investments? I keep getting this message: "Import volume exceeded, Please try another way"

I experience the same.  Don't know what to do now

This issue started happening for me after last update to Turbotax software. I used Turbotax desktop. I was able to import Fidelity data before 03/02/2024 successfully. I thought to import all brokerage data after deleting already imported data. I started seeing this error. There was no change to Fidelity data. It might be related to the turbotax software data which is limiting the volume of import. It says "Import volume exceeded, please try another way".. What is the other way to import from Fidelity?

This is the Turbo tax software problem.  It's not acceptable.

is there a Turbox help support phone number can help us with this problem?  if you do have a number, please share. thanks.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I got error also. Just for my account from Fidelity, not my wife's

Hello,

I did talk to Customer service. Case was created and advised to do few things like removing cookies, downloading latest windows patches and also Turbotax updates, reinstalled TurboTax. Nothing fixed that issue. I am also well below the limit for number of transactions. I did try to create a new Turboax account and started fresh again. I tried to download from Fidelity as the very first download. That also did not resolve the issue. Very strange to me.  Case was also closed within 15 minutes of case creation. This is a very bad experience for me. 

Some things to try....

If you have a single broker for multiple accounts, when selecting to add another account for the same broker: Clear cookies and then search for your broker via the search bar rather than clicking the broker icon. This should allow the screen to input account information and import the data.

For Fidelity this user found a way here....

After I had downloaded from one account and the second one would not work, I looked at the Fidelity website and noticed that I was already logged in to my account (the one I had downloaded from). Turns out that TurboTax had not dropped the connection from the first account. I logged out of that one and tried to download the second account and I was presented with the login screen and could then download from the second account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies