Solved: Why can't I e-file my New York State tax return? I am a non-resident and I have been able to e-file in prior years.

Why can't I e-file my New York State tax return? I am a non-resident and I have been able to e-file in prior years.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

If you select the Transmit Returns Now button, and it's not letting you e-file your return, the likely source of the problem is "cookies."  These little pieces of code are sent to your browser so we can personalize your experience.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information on resolving the issue:

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Thanks, but not exactly my situation.  When I get the screen for filing, the e-file option is not available, only the file by mail option.  The explanation is that i have a tax situation that doesn't allow e-filing.