Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

meatheadz

Why am i required to pay in so much

my total refund is 7913 dollars how come I hve to pay in 10,000 dollars more
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

That makes no sense.  You cannot have a refund of $7913 but have to "pay in" another $10,000.  What are you looking at?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

5 Replies

That makes no sense.  You cannot have a refund of $7913 but have to "pay in" another $10,000.  What are you looking at?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
meatheadz

ok I filed my taxes it said I had a federal refund of around 6700 I also had a state refund then when I added in my early with drawl from my Roth Ira it now says I owe over 7000 for federal and over 3000 for state? I'm CONFUSED

You are confusing me too.  So when you saw those federal and state refunds on the "refund monitor" you had not yet entered the Roth distribution?  The "refund monitor does not mean anything until ALL of your information has been entered into the software.  It is just keeping a running tally.  "I filed my taxes..."  Did you e-file a return before you went back and added the Roth withdrawal?  And then did you go back and do that to your tax return afterward?
meatheadz

no everything was pending I wasn't done filing at the time then I I typed in my roth ira information it wiped out my refund and says I Owe over 7000 for federal and over 3000 for state DO I actually owe that amount or do I owe whats left over from the refund?

You owe what you see under the words "Tax Due."  I do think you are so confused and unable to adequately describe the situation in this forum that you need the back and forth of an actual conversation.  Please contact customer support.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/search?utf8=?&q=customer+support&button=">https://ttlc.intuit.com/search?utf...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies