jackie-degracia

Why am i not getting my 1099-int interest credit

I got a 1099-int letter sating that the irs owes me $111.81 but when i filed my taxes with you guys and i entered the info on the 1099 it didn't add the money to my return. What do i do to get the money they owe me?

BMcCalpin

The IRS sent you a 1099-INT because they paid you $111.81 in interest in 2016. You entered this into your return, which is good.

Normally, if the IRS owes you interest, they add it to your refund during tax return processing. Of course, since TurboTax is not aware of the interest owed to you, it's not reported on your TurboTax return, but it should be added to your refund when the IRS sends it to you.

If you believe that you never received your interest, please call the IRS Taxpayer Advocate office at 1-877-777-4778.

BMcCalpin