Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

devetts

Why am I getting this Sch IN-OCC? I keep getting alerts for this form, but I don't think I entered anything that would necessitate using this form.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MayaD
Expert Alumni

Why am I getting this Sch IN-OCC? I keep getting alerts for this form, but I don't think I entered anything that would necessitate using this form.

You must complete this schedule if you are reporting any of the following credits:

• Hoosier Business Investment 
  • Hoosier Business Investment Credit
  • Natural Gas Commercial Vehicle 
  • Natural Gas Commercial Vehicle Credit  
  • Redevelopment Tax Credit 863 
  • Redevelopment Tax Credit  
  • School Scholarship 
  • School Scholarship Credit
  • Venture Capital Investment 
  • Venture Capital Investment Credit 

Schedule IN-OCC

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
devetts

Unfortunately, I have not reported anything for those credits.  Every one of those credits are marked as 0.

A TurboTax support rep suggested I wait until Friday to look again, as a bunch of updates are being loaded Wednesday and Thursday...so I'll check back on Friday to see if anything has changed.

He also suggested that I delete my state return and try again to see if I get that error again.  I'll try that, too, on Friday, if the problem isn't fixed.

But I do know that I should not be seeing that schedule for any reason.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Were you able to solve your issue? 

If not, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
devetts

Yes, my issue is resolved.  I did two things (at the same time, so I'm not sure which one fixed it or if it was both that fixed it):

First, I waited until Friday the 20th to see if the document updates would fix the issue, and it did not.  So I:

Deleted my returns and filled them out again.  Not ideal, because it deleted the whole return, but not horrific.

ALSO...I left all the credits that Maya mentioned above blank.  I did have them all as $0.  But as I answered one of the questions...it said something about "IF" something, then enter the amount.  My "IF" was no...but I still entered 0.  So I thought that might be an issue that because I was entering anything (even 0) that was triggering the Sch IN-OCC...so I left everything blank instead of entering 0.

Then my tax-report check came through with no areas of concern.

Thank you for this post! I had just posted a question about this & then saw this! I kept getting this also and I had been putting zero as well. I deleted my entire state return as well and then just left them all blank which took care of it!

A glitch in the system, this form is getting attached to the return & causing errors. The easy fix is to go to Tax Tools, Tools, Delete a Form. Select IN-OCC and confirm delete.

For anyone else that finds this and needs to get rid of this form this is how on desktop...

On the left side of your screen click 'tools' under tax tolls

Click 'Delete a form' under Other helpful links...

You will be shown all the forms you have filled out and can delete them specifically, The Sch IN-OOC form will be lower on the page in the state section

loreann79
Returning Member

You do not have to delete your state return and start over.  Click on Tools in the upper left menus, choose My Tax Data, scroll down and click on Sch IN-OCC, click on Jump To Interview, remove the "0" (i.e., zero that you had entered) everywhere in the form, and continue.  Form Sch IN-OCC automatically disappears as does the error.

Astory

Thank you for posting this. I had same issue. Deleted state and restarted. Got same issue. Went back in and removed all the 0's and left blank. That did it!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies