Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why am I getting emails urging me to file months after I filed through Intuit/Turbotax??

It seems like a couple times a week I keep getting emails from TurboTax telling me I need to file my taxes.

Today I got a "scare" email telling me if I don't file:

Don’t wait.  The Failure to File penalty is 5% of your unpaid taxes for each month that your tax return is late.

I filed my taxes months ago with TurboTax, and received my Federal and State refunds.

Why do you keep sending me these type emails??  Do you not even know who has filed their returns through your service??

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why am I getting emails urging me to file months after I filed through Intuit/Turbotax??

Could be many reasons.  Like if you have another account.  Or if you filed using the Desktop program then Turbo Tax Online version won't know you filed.  It could be just marketing.

Did you efile or mail it?  Maybe your efile didn't go though and was rejected?  

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. What does it say?

How to view all your accounts
https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/many-intuit-accounts-...

It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Many users have more than one account.   If you started a return in another account and switched to a different one to prepare and file your return, the "old" account might be generating the messages.   Since you know you filed your return and received your refund, just ignore the emails the same way you ignore any other unwanted emails.   (And...no, TurboTax accounts do not "know" about each other.)

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Could be many reasons.  Like if you have another account.  Or if you filed using the Desktop program then Turbo Tax Online version won't know you filed.  It could be just marketing.

Did you efile or mail it?  Maybe your efile didn't go though and was rejected?  

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. What does it say?

How to view all your accounts
https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/many-intuit-accounts-...

It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

Thanks for the help.  It appears I do have 2 accounts.   The one I haven't used since 2013.

Is there a way to delete this post so I don't keep getting notifications and waste peoples time answering?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You should leave the post. The answers might be of value to other people with a similar situation. Anyone else who might answer will see that the question has been answered, so they won't waste their time if they have nothing new to add.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies