jessnnic1

Why am I being charged an additional 40 bucks to deduct the filing fee out of my federal refund? I wasn’t last year?

There has been a service charge for having the TurboTax account fees paid from the federal tax refund since the option was first introduced, many years ago.  The current service charge for this option is $39.99.

You can remove this charge and pay the TurboTax account fees with a credit card by following the procedure in this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-pay-with-my-refund-fees-in-turbot...

i am angry

I am furious! Why am I being charged $40 for Turbo Tax to process my refund? I saw another user asked the same question and the reply was a LIE!  The reply said it's always been there. NO! I have been using Turbo Tax since 2004 and I've NEVER been charged a fee to receive a refund. This is BALONY!  You charge us to buy your software. Fine. Then you charge us to e-file State. Okay - that's clear, the federal filing is free and we pay for the state. But this NEW FEE OF $40 so that I can receive my refund is THIEVERY!  I AM FURIOUS!!!!  This is the LAST YEAR that I will be using your software. By the time you add up all the fees, I could have paid an accountant.