Why am I being charged $106.97 when I opt to pay $34.99 and there is a $0 charge to file for State Taxes. When I totaled everything I shouldn't be charged that the total

crawford-michell

State IS a separate charge 36.99.  State is only currently free in the Free Edition.  Then you probably selected to have the fees deducted from your federal refund.  There is a 34.99 Refund Processing Service charge for that which you can avoid by paying with a credit card.
So 34.99+36.99+34.99=106,97

How to find your fees… Log in to your return Click on My Account at the top, then on Tools Click on My Fees A window will pop up that shows the fees

For help with fees,