Why am i asked to pay 3999 for a state program when i purchased turbotax premier

rfbradeen1

I already paid for state and federal returns at best buy 39.99 and I wont

pay more. how do I get past the last screen

You are posting from desktop Deluxe, not Premier.  Desktop Deluxe is sold both with and without state software, so you have to be mindful of which you are purchasing from a retailer.  If you purchased the version that did not include state software, that is why you are now being charged for a state download. There will also be a fee to e-file a state return ($24.99) but you can avoid the state e-file fee by printing, signing, and mailing the state return.

Examine the packaging from the the software you bought at Best Buy and see if it says it includes a state program.

Or does it think you already downloaded the free state and you are buying a second different state?

Or another thought.  Did you fill out the state return and trying to efile it?  There is a 24.99 fee to efile a state return from the Desktop program.  Then to have the 24.99 fee deducted from your refund there is an Extra 39.99 Refund Processing Service charge.  

I ask because currently it is 44.99 to buy a state program download not 39.99.