Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bhomber1

Where to enter 1095-a? "Jump to 1095-a" is not appearing in search

I am self-employed and have a Marketplace plan.  I open return, go to search, type in 1095-a and "Jump to 1095-A" link is to suppose to appear to lead me to entering my numbers.  But it does not.  Just unwanted phrases like "1095-A", "Form 1095-A" etc but nothing with a/the link.  And also never asked me about 1095 all through questions.  In business section, it said "don't add health insurance here, we will ask later In health care section".  Yet it never asked me nor can I see a place to enter it. 

FYI:  I have this EXACT problem (and no other problems!) every year I do my Turbotax return.   Unfortunately every year I struggle to remember how to side step the software's avoidance of entering the Health care premiums!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

To enter your Affordable Care Act information (data from your Form 1095-A) in TurboTax Online:

1. If you don’t see 2022 TAXES in the left pane, scroll down and select the dropdown to the right of Deductions & Credits and select Let’s get startedPick up where you left off, or Review/Edit
    • Otherwise, in the left pane, select the dropdown to the right of Federal, then select Deductions & Credits 
  2. On the  Your tax breaks page, scroll down and select the Show more dropdown to the right of Medical
  3. Select  Start or Revisit to the right of Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)
  4. Enter all of your relevant information on the subsequent screens
bhomber1

Sorry, I did;t mention I am using Windows version from CD.  It doesn't show what you are saying.

@bhomber1 wrote:

Sorry, I did;t mention I am using Windows version from CD.  It doesn't show what you are saying.

To enter your Form 1095-A -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Medical
  • On Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A), click the start or update button
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Yes, the corrections above are correct and it looks like this in the TurboTax Desktop/Download version

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bhomber1

Great thanks, I didn't think originally of clicking on Affordable Care Act as I more associated it with "HSA" not as Affordable Care Act.  But I see Turbotax's train of thought to separate it, that way to address the expenditures in one area and the premiums in the other area. 

But I would bet millions of other people also associate the premiums and the expenses as both being "HSA".  If I could suggest, put then both on the same line to click on then ask both series of questions in that area to avoid the confusion of clicking on HSA and then not being able to figure out why the premium entering screen isnt there.  As it confuses me EVERY year and nothing else confuses me in the software.  Just a suggestion.  Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies