Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is the Intuit stimulus registration portal

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
RobertG
Expert Alumni

If you’re not required to file taxes and don’t receive Social Security benefits, use our free Stimulus Registration for non-tax filers to give the IRS your up-to-date mailing address and direct deposit banking info.

CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER: 2020 STIMULUS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Returning Member

Hello @RobertG 

I've already e-filed but wasn't able to enter my direct deposit information because I'm not receiving a refund nor do I have taxes due.

Can I use the stimulus registration portal ONLY to update my direct deposit information to the IRS? Had I known about the registration portal prior to e-filing I would have waited.

Thank you.

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Yes.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Portal

@429664

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

Does anybody knows why I can’t do my stimulus registration as “married filling separately” they ask me to change my status as “married filling jointly” to continue, and I don’t want to 

anybody can help me please 

KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

If you are married filing separately, then you should select single to register in the portal. Please view my screenshot for reference.

You claim it lets you give "direct deposit banking info". It did *NOT*, it sent the information without bothering to give me a chance to enter it. I had $0 income last year (while developing a product) so I didn't need to file. To get the stimulus check, I tried to use your free e-file but then it said it wouldn't send the info electronically with $0 income, so I just saved it as hardcopy to decide whether to file that way or wait for the IRS to let me give them my info. Then I saw your stimulus registration portal and signed in: and it just sent the information to the IRS *without* asking for my direct deposit banking info.  Now presumably I need to wait many weeks for a hardcopy check or for the IRS to get its act together and let me tell them the info. Or is there some way you can correct your buggy software and update the IRS? Or did your bug just mean I need to wait many weeks now since I believed your claim it'd let me provide the banking info?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You can efile your free return by putting in $1 of interest income. Try this:

1. federal
  2. income and expenses
  3. Interest and Dividends

4. Interest on 1099-INT

5. Enter enough generic information and enter $1 and then see if you can efile your return.

re: "You can efile your free return by putting in $1 of interest income."

Its unclear if that was a response to my situation, since its too late for that so this doesn't address what I posted. 

@BoulderEntrepreneur wrote:

re: "You can efile your free return by putting in $1 of interest income."

Its unclear if that was a response to my situation, since its too late for that so this doesn't address what I posted. 

If you are not filing a 2019 tax return and you are not required to file a tax return and you do not receive Social Security benefits, then use this TurboTax website to register for the stimulus - https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

If you have filed a 2019 tax return and need to change or add your direct deposit information, see this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know
The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

If you receive Social Security benefits, see this US Treasury website - https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

re: "then use this TurboTax website to register for the stimulus "

I already posted in detail above that I used the site and its *buggy*, it did *not* ask for my direct deposit information before sending my information to the IRS. So because of its bug, I need to wait for the IRS to get its act together to let me provide that info, or wait for a mailed check. 

Xena13

How do I apply to get my stimulus check

MayaD
Expert Alumni

If you filed your taxes in 2018 or 2019, you’re all set—the IRS is sending your stimulus payment to the same bank account or mailing address on your return. 

If you’re not required to file taxes and don’t receive Social Security benefits, use our free
Stimulus Registration for non-tax filers to give the IRS your up-to-date mailing address
and direct deposit banking info.

Where is my stimulus check

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies