jugdish57

Where does the amount being show in Smart Check I message, MSA limits worksheet (my employers name) line 2 must be at least $2,250 and not more than $3,350 come from?

BMcCalpin

Line 2 on the MSA worksheet is the "annual deductible amount of your high deductible health plan".

This number was entered by you on the screen entitled "Archer MSA contribution", on the line that reads "Annual deductible amount".

This number needs to be between the low and high limits for an HDHP that is eligible to be used with an Archer MSA. The numbers you see in the message are the lower and upper limits for a Self-only HDHP that is used with an Archer MSA. 

Self-Only Coverage
Minimum annual deductible - $2,350 (2019)
Maximum annual deductible - $3,500 (2019)

The first question is: Do you have an Archer MSA? They are much less common than HSAs, and are being phased out anyway. If you don't, you need to delete any Archer MSA data.

But if you do have an Archer MSA, then you need to revisit the screen I indicated above to recheck your answer.

[Edited 3/17/2020 3:41 pm - updated for 2019]

BMcCalpin

Self-Only Coverage

jugdish57

I don't have an Archer MSA.  I did revisit the area to delete Archer MSA data, however I still receive the same message from Smart Check, but the amount is now $0. Can I continue with preparation or is there something I missed to delete?
BMcCalpin

I suggest that you go to Tax Tools (on the left) then go to Tools->Delete a form. Delete the Form 8853 p1 and MSA Limits Worksheet. Hopefully the MSA traces will be gone and you can finish normally.
jugdish57

Thank you, TurboTaxBillMc! That did the trick.