compiler

where do I

show that I have had health insurance all year??

where do I

Using the TurboTax software - Click on Federal Taxes - Click on Health Insurance 

IsabellaG

where do I

Under the Health Insurance tab, that will be the first question. 

compiler

where do I

Still no joy. All those tabs are there and completed on my 2018 return. I'm just starting my 2019 return.  Basically I import my 2018 personal info. When I click on fed taxes tab there is no health ins. tab.

I normally go to forms as assorted tax documents arrive. Any ideas? It bugs me that I can't find that question.

We both have health ins for the entire year. I should be able to find that question.

Mel

where do I

It might not be ready yet.  It's very early.  There will be many program updates to come.  Have you updated the program?  Go up to Online-Check for Updates.

where do I

Change in that section will no likely delay completion of that section for the 2019 program ... there will be MANY updates between now and the end of January when the program will be operational enough to efile any return ... at the same time as the IRS will open the efile season ... patience will be needed.  

compiler

where do I

Yeah, could be. Yes I have run updates. I started too early, probably.

mel

where do I

Yes I just checked my Home & Business program.  It's not there yet either.  In H&B we don't have Federal, we have Business then Personal.  But the Health tab should be after Deductions and Credits

HB early.jpg

where do I

Since you are not required to have insurance any longer the Health Ins tab may not be used any longer HOWEVER  if anyone had insurance thru the ACA and has a 1095-A that form must still be entered ... not sure where in the program that is yet as I do not get the downloaded version and the Online version is not operational yet.  

where do I

Look in the deductions & credits section ... maybe under the medical section ?

where do I

As @Critter has said there is no penalty for not having health care insurance for tax year 2019 and beyond.  If health insurance was provided from the Marketplace, state or healthcare.gov then a Form 1095-A would be received.  The 1095-A is required to be entered so that the Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit can be generated.

The Form 1095-A is entered in the Medical section under Deductions and Credits.

On Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A), click the start button

Form 1095-A 2019.JPG

where do I

Yep ... where I suspected it to be ... thanks for the confirmation ... lots of people will miss this for sure ... can't wait to answer this question 1000 times LOL

where do I

@DoninGA  thanks

macuser_22

where do I

@Critter wrote:

Since you are not required to have insurance any longer the Health Ins tab may not be used any longer...

I do not believe that is correct.  My understanding of the 2018 law change did not eliminate or modify the health insurance requirements of the "Affordable Care Act" in any way for 2019 - it is still required.   What *was* changed was the penalty for not having health insurance.   The penalty was not actually eliminated, it was just reduced to $0.00 for not having insurance.

Congress did not have the votes to change the act itself but they did have the votes to change the amount of the penalty so they changed it to zero.

where do I

@macuser_22 

Correct ... for income tax purposes it is essentially the same thing ... it is not required to be reported so it has no place in the TT interview.