Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Where do I put unemployment income

1 Reply
New Member

Where do I put unemployment income

Unemployment compensation is not reported on a W-2.  It is reported on a Form 1099-G which you receive from the state.

To enter unemployment compensation

  • Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Under Unemployment
  • On Unemployment and Paid Family Leave, click the start or update button

Or enter unemployment compensation in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to unemployment compensation

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies