Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where do I find the option in TurboTax Home and Business 2018 to file cryptocurrency taxes?

Looks like there is no solution for this in Home & Business?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Where do I find the option in TurboTax Home and Business 2018 to file cryptocurrency taxes?

@jmulligan13 No,  Home & Business does not provide the capability only capable in the online versions of TurboTax. Please see this article for more information: https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/turbotax-news/turbotax-makes-it-easier-for-coinbase-customers-to-re...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
walt757

How do you treat it as a 1099B when that is not offered in TT premier?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

According to this Turbo Tax reference, this is the precise method for entering Crypto currency transactions into your turbo Tax.:

1.     Select the Federal tab

2.     Select Wages and Income 

3.     Select Investment Income

4.     You'll list each trade/sale in the Stocks, Mutual funds, Bonds, Other interview 

5.     When asked Did you get a 1099-B or a brokerage statement for these sales? select No 

6.     When asked to Choose the type of investment you sold select Everything else for held for investment, if held for personal       goods choose Personal Items.

7.     Translate proceeds of each sale into US dollars at the time of the sale or movement.

8.     Repeat for each transaction or report summarily.

Please select the hyperlink above for more additional information about how to report crypto currency transactions in your return.

blueskypeak
Returning Member

There is no "cryptocurrency" section on my 2020 Home & Business version under "investment income".

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@blueskypeak Please call in to our live representatives for assistance with this matter: Contact TurboTax 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies