dave5

Where do I enter items that go to Form 8949, Part II, Box F? Where do I go in TurboTax to do this?

I just need to know where in TurboTax online to enter information that goes to Form 8949, Part 2, Box F? An accountant told me how to write off my unrecovered basis in a business sale. He said it goes on on 8949, Part II, Box F. Please be detailed on how I get there online. Thank you

DawnC0

In TurboTax Premier, sign in and click on Take me to my return.  Once inside your return, click on Federal (left menu) and then choose Wages & Income (top menu).  Scroll down to the Investments section (image attached).  You can also type 1099-b into the search bar, hit enter, and use the Jump to link to get there.  

Enter the transaction as follows, it will show up on Form 8949, Part ll, and Box F will be checked.  You will also need 2 dates (purchased and disposed of dates) to properly enter the transaction.  No adjustments will be necessary.

• Click Start or Revisit next to Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other (see attached)
  • If you already have sales entered, click Add More Sales at the bottom
  • Answer NO to Did you receive a 1099-B
  • Choose Everything Else - last option for Type of sale
  • The description is Worthless Installment Sale
  • Proceeds = amt ,if any, you received and Date of Sale (date in 2018)
  • Select how you acquired the investment
  • Enter the basis and the date you acquired the investment
  • TurboTax will calculate your loss and put in on Form 8949

DawnC0

• Answer NO to Did you receive a 1099-B
dave5

Thanks so much!!