Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I enter a 1095-C form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MayaD
Expert Alumni

You don't need to report form 1095-C Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage on your return. Just keep it for your record.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
astronomer127ed
Returning Member

can I deduct the money I contributed towards my health insurance?

provide more details because if cover by your employer what's deducted from your paycheck may reduce your taxable wages. then there is no deduction. if see;f employed they may be deductible as self-employed health insurance. 

on the other hand, if you get a w-2, but pay your insurance outside of your employment, thee it would likely be a schedule A medical expense. 

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

No  The premiums for company health insurance are non-tax deductible. Employers take out premium payments from your payroll on a pre-tax basis, therefore, your employee contributions were already taking advantage of the tax-savings and can't be deducted on your taxes. At the end of the year, employers send form 1095-C as proof of health insurance coverage.

On the other hand, Cobra insurance is a health plan that allows you to continue employer-sponsored insurance coverage even if you no longer work for that company. Premiums for COBRA insurance are tax deductible, as they are paid entirely by you on an after-tax basis.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies