Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can i find the "jump to" forms in turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To get to the "jump to" forms in TurboTax Online please use the following steps below. Please note that you will need to know the form in which to "jump to" before hand. If you are unsure of what form you need then you can do a search beforehand with the search icon to see if you can find the form needed. 

1. Log into your TurboTax Account and into the return you are currently working on
  2. Once you are in your return in the upper right-hand corner of the screen you will see a magnifying glass icon with the word search next to it. Select the word search. (screenshot 1 below-labeled search)
  3. Once the search box opens up type in (the form you are looking for) (Ex. w-2 or 1099-INT) and then once you type it in select enter on your keyboard. This will now pull up a list underneath the search box and you should see the words Jump to (ex. Jump to w-2 Go directly to the w-2 section of TurboTax). (screenshot 2 below-labeled search & jump to)
  4. Select on jump to and this will take you to the interview needed to input the information off of your form.

I have also included screenshots below if needed!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

To get to the "jump to" forms in TurboTax Online please use the following steps below. Please note that you will need to know the form in which to "jump to" before hand. If you are unsure of what form you need then you can do a search beforehand with the search icon to see if you can find the form needed. 

1. Log into your TurboTax Account and into the return you are currently working on
  2. Once you are in your return in the upper right-hand corner of the screen you will see a magnifying glass icon with the word search next to it. Select the word search. (screenshot 1 below-labeled search)
  3. Once the search box opens up type in (the form you are looking for) (Ex. w-2 or 1099-INT) and then once you type it in select enter on your keyboard. This will now pull up a list underneath the search box and you should see the words Jump to (ex. Jump to w-2 Go directly to the w-2 section of TurboTax). (screenshot 2 below-labeled search & jump to)
  4. Select on jump to and this will take you to the interview needed to input the information off of your form.

I have also included screenshots below if needed!

This only helps if you already know the form number that you want to jump to. I was looking to correct some Business Expenses and when i enter "business expense" in the search, there was no "Jump to" displayed. Now I see that i have to first search for the term in order to find the form, and then search for the form. In this case i searched for "Schedule C" and was able to Jump to it

There is no JUMP TO choice in my TurboTax Search results! 

You have to be in the program, and search there.  But TT Online does not have direct access to the tax forms themselves. Rather, you are directed to appropriate data entry screens that mimic the forms you wish to enter, such as a W-2.

After finally getting through the TurboTax phone tree [ a near impossible task it would seem] I got an answer from a TT helper.

I use TurboTax Home and Business CD and Download MAC version. Even though there are copious directions in the Search window to JUMP TO a form or location - it is not functional in the Mac version and does not show up in the Search window asa a link. It is present in the online and Windows versions, but not the Mac version, even though it requires that link and function to be available to use the navigation tools in the Search window. When asking why this was the case, and why was this not noted when being purchased, the TT helper said she didn't know, and offered me a refund. Since I am already well into a complex return, and there are few other software substitutes for TurboTax, I decided I just needed to try to work around it the best that I could. Very frustrating!

You are so right DimlyLit!  I have tried everything under the sun to find a "jump to" button in my Mac downloaded version of TT 2021.  Nothing.  It's a big software booboo on Intuit's part if you ask me.  And I'm in the same boat as you regarding TT.  I'm so far into a complex return that it's not worth fighting it or asking for a refund.  I just hope they fix it for next year's version.

vinnysca

The solution for calculating W-4 withholding doesn't work in downloaded version of TurboTax Delux (probably works only in Online versions).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies