It is too late to fix any 2018 return online any longer. All 2018 returns must be printed, ink signed and mailed in. If the AGI was the reject reason it no longer matters. If it was anything else then you must make the correction before you mail the return.
How do I finish a prior-year return that I started in TurboTax Online?
If you started your 2015, 2016, or 2017 return in TurboTax Online but didn't finish it before the shutdown, you can always start over in the TurboTax CD/download software, available for purchase at TurboTax.com.
You can also transfer your incomplete return to the CD/download software if you don't want to start from scratch. Here's how:
- Purchase the TurboTax CD/Download software and install it on your PC or Mac computer.
- Now sign in at TurboTax.com with the same login you used to prepare your prior-year return.
- Under Your tax returns & documents, select Download .tax file(not the PDF) for the prior year you want and save it to your computer.
- Back in the CD/download software, select Find a Tax File, and then browse to the tax data file you downloaded in Step 3. Select the file and click Open.
- You can now finish up in the software. You'll need to paper-file, as e-filing for prior years is no longer available.
- How do I get a copy of a return I filed this year in TurboTax Online?
- What's the difference between the tax data file and the PDF file?
- Can I convert my PDF into a tax data file, or vice-versa?
my 2019 Fed and State return was rejected because the 2018 AGI entered was incorrect. Where is the Fix my return button that Turbo Tax indicates?
Where do I correct my 2018 AGI in TurboTax Online?
To revisit the 2018 AGI section in TurboTax Online:
- Sign in and open your return, if you haven't already done so.
- From the left menu, select File (tap in the upper-left corner to expand the menu on mobile devices).
- Select Start next to Step 3 (if needed, revisit Steps 1 and/or 2 to activate Step 3).
- Select I want to e-file.
- Continue until you see the place to enter your 2018 AGI.