cnreck

WHERE ARE THE ANSWERS TO OUR QUESTIONS???

I posted a question about an hour ago and it says that this forum ends now at 5pm but there is still no answer to my question regarding unemployment Taxes withheld.

Will you be posting answers throughout the night or do we get no more answers after 5pm? 🤬

Helpmejackie

Yes where are the answers? I’m broke, can’t pay my bills, I need my money!!! 

macuser_22

@cnreck wrote:

This is a public forum.  Volunteers answer questions when they see them and know the answer.   Some questions might take a day or more to get an answer.

Your questions was answered about 1/2 hour after you posted.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/file-with-turbotax/discussion/unemployment-taxes-withheld/01/23509...

mesquitebean

@Helpmejackie wrote:

If you are having an economic hardship, try contacting the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service to see if they can figure out what the delay is and help expedite your return. 

They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.    If the Taxpayer Advocate can't/won't help you, ask them to transfer you to an an IRS agent.  A couple of users reported that at least for them, that was a backdoor route to the IRS.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

mesquitebean

cnreck wrote:

The 5PM Pacific time refers to when the customer support phone line closes for realtime phone help from a TurboTax agent.   This user community forum is open all the time.  It works like a bulletin board, and people can respond at any time when/if they can add to the conversation.

ADDENDUM:

Or are you referring to the 5 PM Pacific ending time for today's special event:  the "Ask an Expert" forum, the topic of which for today is Unemployment?    If so, then the tax experts participating in that special event may or may not continue answering questions after that time, but the thread will stay open, and people can still post in it.   Just keep monitoring your thread and see if/when anyone posts in it.   This is a user community forum, so anyone can post in it--tax experts or fellow users.   You may get an email when anyone responds in your thread, or you can make that preference by clicking on your user icon in the top right corner of this page and choosing My Settings.