Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will Turbotax have form 7202-t online?

I had already spent so much time entering everything into TurboTax that I gave up today and mailed it in but I will not be fooled next year. They have lost a customer unless they want to make this right monetarily, do you hear that TurboTax?

The Form availability isn't the issue!! The issue is NOT being able to e-file it - which means people will have to mail their tax returns in. Unacceptable, imo,  when reports are coming in that other online tax programs are allowing Form 7202 to be efiled. 

I'm with you. Mind boggling they arent supporting efiling of the form!!!!

Mind boggling to me they arent supporting efiling of a form many people will be using this year! This just sucks. 

I clicked form 7202 by accident. How can I take it off my return so I can efile? I already paid $140 to you guys.

Couldn't agree more. If they can't provide a pdf attachment such as other tax providers so taxes can still be efiled with this form attached then I will no longer use them. Unacceptable! 

Could anybody please reply with first hand knowledge of another provider that did e-file their form? I can't lose 1300 just to file. I rather lose 200 bucks and get it soon than file by mail and wait moths for my refund. On the plus side they just showed their sneaky corporate mentality by screwing the average joe of another $200. No wonder they didn't have this year the option to get the money out of the refund. it goes to show they knew long ago about this and they were just waiting to drop the hammer. If i find another tax service i will switch. if turbo tax don't have competition they will keep doing the same "screw the little guy" mentality. they need competition. BYE BYE Turbo

So I have to walk back some of my earlier comments.  I paid $100 to buy HR Block Business desktop version last night because posters had been saying that they successfully e-filed this form with HR.  After paying and redoing my whole complicated return in HR Block, I got the SAME ERROR MESSAGE in HR Block.  So I'm sorry if I fueled an incorrect rumor about HR Block being able to do this.  In my experience, it doesn't work there either.  Maybe others did something different that I'm missing.  I don't really trust any other software so I'm going to wait to see if either Turbo or HR gets a fix to this, since I've now paid for both.  It appears that tax professionals can e-file by attaching the 7202 as a .pdf but it's tricky. 

UPDATE 2/18:  E-filing works with H&R Block ONLINE self-employed, not desktop.  So I paid for three services (and entered my data three times) before I was finally able to e-file with form 7202.

but....other softwares will be available for efile Form 7202? On the IRS website do not say nothing about only use this form by mail!!!! I think is due some software issued?

Thanks for the Heads Up!! I was halfway thru the ordeal with H&R. Guess ill just wait. Hope they fix it. Though can you imagine waiting for a month just for them to tell you that you MUST send it thru mail. Im about to give up and send it thru the mail. Will wait till next week just to see what happens.

I’ve been using turbo tax for years but I used h & r block this morning with no problems e-filing this form. 

Being a self employed gig worker it is ironic that those companies encouraged their contractors to use Turbo Tax as a FREE benefit.  So MANY MANY people went to Turbo Tax for that reason.   RIDICULOUS that they won't efile the form 7202.  

I am going to print my returns and then try another provider such as HR Block.  I have also used Free Tax USA and Tax Slayer in the past.  It will be FAR more then 6-8 weeks to get a refund if all of us are sending in paper returns.

cbaird55

It is my understanding that other tax preparation companies allow for Form 7202 to be filed electronically. Is Turbo tax going to be able to file at any point or will we be forced to utilize the competition?

Exe
Level 1

TaxSlayer and HR Block users both claiming they were able to e-file with this form.

This is nuts!! How can they not be aware how many self employed will most likely use 7202 this year and will want to efile?? Who on earth wants to mail their return in these days??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies