turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will Turbotax have form 7202-t online?

This is one of THE most ridiculous things I've come across with TurboTax.

Seriously?!

Makes ZERO sense that other online tax services offer this form online and TurboTax does not.

I mean, what?

WATCH ME leave here after being a loyal customer for eleven years. 

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

No., The form 7202 may not be available yet in Turbo Tax as the IRS is still finalizing some 2020 tax forms and will start processing income tax returns (e-file) on February 12, 2020. The form 7202, Credit for Sick Leave and Family Leave for certain Self-employed, effective April 1, 2020, applies to a leave taken between April 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 due to Covid-19. When available, you may follow the steps  below to add it:

1. Login to Turbo Tax.
  2. On the left side of the screen, click Tax Tools, then Tools,
  3. Under Tools Center, scroll down and click delete a form.
  4. Under Review Form List, scroll down until you see Form 7202, click go.

See, when will my forms be ready, link.

Other tax prep services are e-filing this form. My friend just did it this morning. Why can’t we do it on Turbo-tax? I usually use H&R Block but chose to use Turbo Tax this year and this is a huge fail. We should be able to e-file or attach as a PDF also. I’ve already paid for my taxes to be done on Turbo Tax and now I have to wait 6-8 weeks because I have to paper file?

Exactly this. I too have also paid. 

I been using TurboTax since I first have to file tax... probably over a decade. Their employee keep telling me the form is unable to be efile but in reality...  H&R Block allows efile form 7202. Good bye TurboTax.   I am not sure what other tax software allows, I heard taxslayer does too. 

Yes! I already paid for my taxes to be completed thru Turbo Tax and NOW find out I have to mail my taxes in because they can not e-file a form? I have used H&R Block every single year but someone suggested TurboTax and I used it this year. Major FAIL Turbo Tax. Not ok. I wish I was informed of this information before I already paid for my tax preparation online

kingj87

I am extremely disappointed in TurboTax for this issue.

kingj87

When is it going to be available? Not seeing this, today 02/11/2021.

It's NOT going to be available....that is the whole point. The form has to be mailed via TurboTax but apparently, other tax prep services offer this as an e-file option. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@kingj87 Form 7202 was available beginning yesterday, for print and mail only.  This form is not available for e-file with TurboTax. 

If you're using TurboTax Online, clear your browser's cache and cookies if you're not seeing the form.  With the Windows CD/download software, please perform a manual update to access Form 7202:  Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

TurboTax Business does not yet have a 2020 manual update.  Reference:  Manually Update TurboTax Business Software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

No., The form 7202 may not be available to e-file yet as RS is still finalizing 2020 tax forms. The form 7202, Credit for Sick Leave and Family Leave for certain Self-employed, effective April 1, 2020, applies to a leave taken between April 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 due to Covid-19.. When available, it will be updated in Turbo Tax, and you may download the form::

1. Login to Turbo Tax.
  2. On the left side of the screen, click Tax Tools, then Tools,
  3. Under Tools Center, scroll down and click delete a form.
  4. Under Review Form List, scroll down until you see Form 7202, click go.

See, when will my forms be ready, link.

I dont think you guys are understanding. We can clearly see you are putting us self employed people in a bad spot where even the IRS doesn't want us to send in paper forms. Especially when they can be very large and complex. What we want to know is WHY?

The other companies who accept e-filing are finding a way to still do what they need to do to get it to the IRS with that form and given Turbo Tax is such a large tax company with competitors such as H & R and Jackson Hewitt, you'd think they'd figure out a way to do the same since the others clearly have. 😕 

I have a feeling even 6 to 8 weeks is asking a lot of the IRS to get a refund when so many people will be using this form.  It may be only used for 1 year but such a large part of the country WILL be using it and could you imagine all those extra mailed in tax files because a company like Turbo Tax said 'naw' without an explanation as to why.  It seems redundant when you keep referring to the IRS not accepting an efile while they clearly can.. I'm so furious after being here for so long that I prepaid for these taxes to be done and now I not only have to send in my federal but also my state JUST because I can't efile my federal. This is ridiculous.

Thank you, aerisilheartly. Everything you said here is correct.

Why and how the most popular tax service in the country can't figure out how to e-file a TAX-FORM....the same form H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt, Tax Slayer, and others figured out - is beyond me.

And how sneaky of TurboTax to FIRST ask for payment THEN tell me I can't e-file this document. 

Like, what? 

I sent a note demanding a refund. THEN I'm going to one of your competitors. I've been with TT for eleven years. 

Why make life harder for your filers?

NOT ok, TurboTax. You lost me as a loyal customer.

TurboTax employees keep posting these dumb responses that seem to miss the point completely that other vendors can efile form 7202 but TurboTax can't. TurboTax falsely claims that the IRS won't accept efiling of this form.  These pointless responses are infuriating, only make matters worse.  Why does TurboTax pay people to do this?

TurboTax has left me in a **bleep**ty spot smh...

I already paid the $200 before I was informed I can’t efile the 7202 so now what?? I can’t wait 6-8 for my refund.

I’m self employed and made 30% of what I did in 2019.

So what do I do? I can file with H&R and pay another $200 while losing the $200 I already spent at TT.

I can remove the 7202 from my TT and efile today ... losing out on the $1,300 refund from the sick credits

I can choose to paper file and wait 6-8 weeks or more (likely more) to get my refund and hope I don’t sink in the interim.

great choices 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies