When will the website remove the health insurance portion of the return process and recalculate my refund??

The news is reporting that the IRS is no longer asking for proof of insurance and is also not fining for not having insurance.

[removed]
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Turbotax has announced that they will modify the program such that starting March 2, To account for this.  They need a short time to make the change to the program.  See https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3662774

There is no guarantee that this will exempt anyone from the additional tax, as the IRS has not announced that they won't add the penalty to your account and offset it from a refund.  Their action is to meet the President's mandate to make it easier to address the Affordable Care Act, but the Act has not been repealed.

Interesting.  Hope the IRS doesn't change their mind again...

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing