turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kelsouder

When will the form for 2 mortgages, schedule A, be finished on turbo??? it says after Feb 17th, that date is passed.

This is the error I get "Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Wks: This form has not been finalized for returns with two or more mortgages and limited mortgage interest. We expect this form to be available after February 17th."

Frankly, I'm tired of waiting and if turbo can't get their crap together and give an accurate timeline, I'll unfortunately need to use different company this year.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

When will the form for 2 mortgages, schedule A, be finished on turbo??? it says after Feb 17th, that date is passed.

I have the same question, TT, can you please update us?

qlonghurst
Returning Member

Me as well. 

It is now Feb. 21st.  When will the Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet be fixed?  Please advise.

Would also like to know this. I have been ready to file for weeks now, just waiting on this now. Also, if I am taking the standard deduction anyway, does anyone know if I can just not even include this and file without it?

Same issue here.  Been ready to file with the standard deduction for weeks but TurboTax won't let me until that worksheet is "finalized". I don't see why it's even required if I'm taking the standard deduction anyway.

I am having the same issue and I am running out of patience. 

hemanthpai
Returning Member

Same here - I’ve been waiting for a couple weeks now. “After February 17th” is so unhelpful - like will it even be available before the tax filing deadline?

hemanthpai
Returning Member

@sheldonn So I looked in the other community articles and it said (you should confirm this for your situation too) that you do not have to report your mortgage interest if you don't want to. BUT it may impact your State deductions, be sure to check. Since I am taking the standard, I removed my mortgage info from TurboTax and it didn't seem to make any difference on my state filing or anything else so I just filed my return with those omitted and it worked. Hope that helps!

me as well, been ready for weeks. its now the 23rd and its still not avail. i called customer service, she had no answer but to keep rechecking everyday. but now there is a risk for a price hike after february. ugh

@jennyoung195 wrote:

me as well, been ready for weeks. its now the 23rd and its still not avail. i called customer service, she had no answer but to keep rechecking everyday. but now there is a risk for a price hike after february. ugh

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Deductible Mortgage Interest Worksheet problem - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/homeowner-tax-credits-and-deductions/help/why-isn-t-my-deductible-...

You can pay now for the TurboTax online edition you are now using and not have to pay for the price hike on March 1.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2021 return at this time, click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return. On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now. The next screen will show a review of your Fees, click on Continue. Complete the next screen to pay by credit card and click Continue.

Thanks @dani1183.  I'll have to double-check.  Thanks for the tip.

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Take a look at the following TurboTax help article regarding the deductible home mortgage worksheet.  Click the link in the article to register your email and be notified with updates.

Why isn't my Deductible Mortgage Interest Worksheet available yet? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Looks like the link mentioned here no longer exists. I don't get the same error when trying to file, but the worksheet is incorrectly limiting my mortgage interest deduction. My situation in 2021:

Converted primary home to rental property

Purchased new home

Initial mortgage was immediately sold to another servicer

Refinanced a couple months later

I have 4 1098's and 2 active loans, but the loan balances are being added together to determine that my interest should be limited, even though the outstanding balance on my primary home is < $750k

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies