dcw329

When will I get my refund

still waiting for my refund on amended return
tagteam

When will I get my refund

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-refund/get-irs-tax-refund/L234rWKtU_...

Note that amended returns take an additional amount of time to process, so expect your refund to be significantly delayed.

When will I get my refund

It is taking 6-12 months for the IRS to process amended returns, so do not expect quick results from sending in an amended return.

When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

NCperson

When will I get my refund

@dcw329 this is from the IRS website. note they say it will take 'more than 20 weeks' and there is no upper bound.  I agree, 6-12 months from the experience of others. 

Status of Processing Form 1040-X, Amended Individual Tax Return: As of August 20, 2022, we had 1.9 million unprocessed Forms 1040-X. We are processing these returns in the order received and are working hard to get through the inventory. The current timeframe can be more than 20 weeks instead of up to 16. Please don't file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your amended return. Taxpayers should continue to check Where's My Amended Return? for the most up to date processing status available.

fanfare

When will I get my refund

" We are processing these returns in the order received "

Since there are two million returns ahead of you, you will have a long wait.

I still don't believe that.

With the latest status they did at least 100,000 1040-X in one week. ( !! )

for 2 million that's 20 weeks, so why not be optimistic.

Your return should be on top of the pile in 20 weeks.

Then the actual work to process it begins.