Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 8915-E 2020 be available in turbo tax?

Any updates on when this will be available in TT?  thx Deano

TT is saying 2/24 which is next week.

I was told by TurboTax customer support the 8915-E form would be available 2/18 in which it still is not available on the turbo tax app

Still waiting for IRS approval.

The TurboTax 8915-E should be available on Feb. 25 (pending IRS approval by then).

The IRS just finalized the form on Feb 11. TurboTax must now submit their 8915-E software to the IRS for testing to be sure that both TurboTax and the IRS e-file computer are compatible. That process usually takes the IRS 2-3 weeks for approval to release the new form to the public.

See below for a link to sign up for an email when the form is ready.

This form is necessary to report COVID related distributions from IRA's and other retirement plans to report the distribution, pay it back over 3 years or spread the tax over 3 years.

A COVID-19 related distribution is reported on a new 8915-E form.

See this TurboTax FAQ to sign up for an e-mail when the form is ready.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-getting-getting-a-10-penalty-on-my-1099-r...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Ortiz4289

Just checked today, and still no option for that form. 

Hopefully it becomes available soon. 

Zutipekp
Returning Member

The form is available on the IRS website so why it’s not available in TurboTax?

@Zutipekp 

it takes a certain amount of time to program the instructions into TurboTax and test them and make sure that they work correctly and don’t unexpectedly interfere with anything else. The IRS also has to approve TurboTax‘s implementation. That all takes some time; in in this case, about 12 days.

This is what you get for being cheap and using TurboTax free.

We all could have had our returns paid and been in Florida sipping on a nice rum runner if we paid HRBlock. Instead we gotta listen to these chowderheads blaming the IRS and drunk posting here when they should be getting their app updated and getting me paid. 

Shr

Just talked to the person yesterday responsible at the IRS who knows about this form. The 8915-E form is updated so Intuit needs to get the system updated ASAP so we can all complete our Tax Return.

The IRS phone operators have no knowledge of the of the department that certifies the ERO's software submission so that it can be released.    They can only look and see that the paper form has been released.   ERO requirements are in the contract between the ERO and IRS.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Seems like the form is available yet I don't see the adjustments on turbo.  When is the expected date for the form to be available on your software? 

@I3abyruth wrote:

Seems like the form is available yet I don't see the adjustments on turbo.  When is the expected date for the form to be available on your software? 

The Form 8915-E is scheduled to be available using TurboTax on 02/25/2021 (subject to change)

I thought it was 02/24. Has that changed?

@mimranbeig wrote:

I thought it was 02/24. Has that changed?

Yes, the forms availability website now shows 02/25/2021

Go to this website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Here is form on the IRS website.  It is available.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8915e.pdf

And form filing instructions:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8915e.pdf

If the IRS has released the form on its website for use, then certainly Turbo Tax can do the same.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies