turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jocelynez

When they say check will be mailed by a certain date, do they mean on that exact date it will be mailed or that it should already be mailed by that date?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
HelenC1
Intuit Alumni

When they say check will be mailed by a certain date, do they mean on that exact date it will be mailed or that it should already be mailed by that date?

This status will give you an estimated date that the IRS will send the refund to your bank (if you selected the direct deposit option) or the estimated date the check will be mailed. 

• If Direct Deposit, please wait 5 days after the IRS sends the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds.
  • It could take several weeks before you receive a mailed refund check.
  • For additional information, click on Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions | Internal Revenue ... 
  • Does Where’s My Refund? update often? Once per day, usually at night. There’s no need to check more often.

[Edited 3-12-2020|10:45 am PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
2438289d

I got date saying mailed by so is dat before or after and how long after u get approved
2438289d

I got date saying mailed by so is dat before or after and how long after u get approved

I have the same question!  Mine says will be mailed by 4/12. Will I get it before then?

Did anyone get answers

Did anyone get their check before or after the date?

Jamarah22
Returning Member

Weres my stimulas check i had my turbo tax depoist and i still havent got it wassup with this i will never file with turbo again first n last believe yhat

Jamarah22
Returning Member

It shouldnt of been mailed i used ur turbo card and paid a fee i guess thats why i have to waiton the mail now like i said i will never use turbotax again im getting kickedout of my home why no job due to this pandemic and nowyawl cant put **bleep** right in the ww÷

Jamarah22
Returning Member

Its,bs i would never referr nobody to yakk

sexydss40

My check is to be mailed on the 6 will I get it that day or after

MissMolly

I have the same question I didn't see any answers I saw smart ass comments it doesn't say be put in mail on said date it says SCHEDULED TO BE MAILED BY SAID DATE.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

That is correct. The IRS date is an estimate. It is when the check will be mailed. It is not when it will be received. They are behind, unfortunately, but are trying their best to get the checks issued as fast as possible.

I haven't received my tax refund and I called and I couldn't connect with anyone over the phone. I did my taxes feb 16 and I got the message irs sent thru the app it was mailed March 18. Does it come the day after please help 

It comes when the mail man brings it which could take a week or 2 theses days.  The "mailed by" date is not set in stone ... it may have been posted that day but when the post office processes and delivers  it is another thing altogether. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies