turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I printed my taxe forms, I have 4 NC40 forms and 1 NC400V form. Why and which one do I send in with my payment

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When I printed my taxe forms, I have 4 NC40 forms and 1 NC400V form. Why and which one do I send in with my payment

The NC D400V form is for your Balance due for 2016 taxes.  That is used if you send a check in to the NCDOR to pay your balance due for the tax return you just prepared.  Optionally, you can instead go to the NCDOR payment website and pay it online that way instead and dump the d400V.

http://www.dornc.com/electronic/d400v.html

The NC40 forms are quarterly estimated 2017 "Pre-Payments" for next year's taxes.  IF you don't expect to owe as much next year, or are going to increase your withholding to avoid a Balance Due next year, then you could shred them (NC doesn't know they were prepared/printed)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The NC D400V form is for your Balance due for 2016 taxes.  That is used if you send a check in to the NCDOR to pay your balance due for the tax return you just prepared.  Optionally, you can instead go to the NCDOR payment website and pay it online that way instead and dump the d400V.

http://www.dornc.com/electronic/d400v.html

The NC40 forms are quarterly estimated 2017 "Pre-Payments" for next year's taxes.  IF you don't expect to owe as much next year, or are going to increase your withholding to avoid a Balance Due next year, then you could shred them (NC doesn't know they were prepared/printed)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies