Solved: When I entered CA 540-ES I paid on 2018 3 times, Turbotax popped 3 windows to ask "State ID", I do not find it on my 540-ES vouchers; what is it?

When I entered CA 540-ES I paid on 2018 3 times, Turbotax popped 3 windows to ask "State ID", I do not find it on my 540-ES vouchers; what is it?

"State ID" = postal code. California's is CA

Should the State ID is numbers instead of abbreviation?

When state estimated tax payments are input into the program, the program needs to know which state it is for. So just entering $$ with no state ID is a no-no. States are not identified by numbers - it's the postal code.

If whatever you are trying to do requires numbers then that is not a "state ID" field. If so, please tell us exactly what the text says for that "state ID" field so we can find what it is you are referring to.

Thanks very much.