turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chuinvisa

When I entered CA 540-ES I paid on 2018 3 times, Turbotax popped 3 windows to ask "State ID", I do not find it on my 540-ES vouchers; what is it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

When I entered CA 540-ES I paid on 2018 3 times, Turbotax popped 3 windows to ask "State ID", I do not find it on my 540-ES vouchers; what is it?

"State ID" = postal code. California's is CA

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

"State ID" = postal code. California's is CA

chuinvisa

Should the State ID is numbers instead of abbreviation?
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

When state estimated tax payments are input into the program, the program needs to know which state it is for. So just entering $$ with no state ID is a no-no. States are not identified by numbers - it's the postal code.

If whatever you are trying to do requires numbers then that is not a "state ID" field. If so, please tell us exactly what the text says for that "state ID" field so we can find what it is you are referring to.
chuinvisa

Thanks very much.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies