When entering my drivers license number (which is all numbers) it says that the field must have numbers and letters

firemant2

JoceannaD

Good afternoon. I know this can be confusing. If your Drivers license only has numbers, just enter the numbers. Be sure not to enter any special characters, dashes or spaces.

• Additionally, This step is not required in order to file your taxes, for most states, but could help speed up the processing of your return and will not affect your return’s submission. Omitting any of this information may delay return and refund processing. if this is not required by your state, you can select "i don't have either" and continue. 

States such as Illinois and Alabama do require an ID to be provided in order to e-file this year.