turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jheff1071

Anyone get this status message from their NY return this year or get it last year and recall what happened? "we received...may require..longer then fed..

I've had it! Last year I waited til june for a measly $310 and there was nothing wrong with my return. Same thing this year, may require further review, yet when I call they tell me " I don't see any flags or mistakes, you just need to wait and call back in a week"  I live 10 min from the Tax Dept. in Albany and I can tell you, at any given time of the workday, you can drive by and see 20 workers outside sucking down cigs or in line for coffee. On our tax dollar!  Maybe if we call or e-mail our State and Local reps and ask what is going on, we can put the heat on these guys. The local news station here WTEN 10 does a segment called "what's with that" I for one will be e-mailing them today.
Unique

Anyone get this status message from their NY return this year or get it last year and recall what happened? "we received...may require..longer then fed..

Come on my fellow New Yorkers. We all know how NY State gets down. I know they don't have a problem when they're taxing our paychecks or garnishing our pay for moneys owed to NY STATE!! Yes I know it can be a big pain in the rear end. But this is how it is. I filed on 2/16 because of the ACTC. I wasn't in a rush to file. My taxes were received on 2/17. I received my federal refund  2/28 via DD. My state had the same "may need further review" message up until today. Today when I checked on the state, it says its processing. I know The anticipation can be stressful but if u filed correctly,  u don't have anything to worry about. Just have to have patience. Good Luck everyone

Recieved my fed Feb 22nd...now waiting on my state...I too received the message that my state MAY need further review..however I'm confident it's ok its being processed and ill receive it soon..hopefully by March 9th or 16th
taxmonst

Just got email,to check my state so went on line got refund ddd date finally of march 15th good luck hope e everyone else has good news

Thanks for the feedback hopefully everyone's will start rolling in
taxmonst

I hope so it was crazy it was taking so long
bwa9

I filed feb 13 and its still saying that shit

When did u file @taxmonst

You guys won't see any refund until Mid or end of March. Doesn't matter how early you filed with NY State. Expect longer wait time for those being Audited. Good Luck
taxmonst

I filed Feb 5th
dbennet7

Filed 1/19/2018, accepted 1/23/2018 and I have been receiving this message "We received your return and it may require further review." since then.  I have never waited this long for my NYS income taxes.  No changes in my tax circumstances, I have not moved or changed employment.  Absolutely no reason for NYS to take 6+ weeks to complete my review.  So beyond frustrated.

Why

jvalentin77, so you're saying we're being audited?! That's why we've been waiting all this long and still?!

i am still waiting been accepted since 1/31/18, my cousin who also filed the same same same hour got her 2 weeks later.. BOTH CHECKS. im not understanding
aofria

If your being audited it will state 90 days or something along those lines.. what we have is saying that they are actually having a person look at out return to make e there is no problems.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies