Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When can we start filing taxes for tax year 2018 (filed in 2019)

I truly do hope so *crossing fingers*

Called bank to transfer money, automatic system saud they having technical difficulties right now 😕
enriquez341
Returning Member

I just received my refund 5 minutes ago.

Congrats @enriquez34

Got my refund in my acct at 130 this morning... and my va state will be in bank tomorrow

I received my refund, finally! Yaaaaaaaaaaay

Received my refund this morning this morning too!!!!!!!!! Thank God !!!!

POSTED IN NOVEMBER, 2018, before the "Shutdown" and revised as of January 11. 2019/

TurboTax Online will  (did)  launch  on Wednesday November 28th!  - this post is 3 months ago

Very Important to understand this:  IRS will not officially (their statement) start processing 2018 filings until January 28, 2019

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
smoney21

I got an email today saying my return has been accepted. I didn't think they were doing that until 1/28

I got an email yesterday saying the same thing. I would like to know if that is correct

The IRS starts by running test batches prior to the official opening.  You folks are "lucky" assuming their system processes correctly.  However, the start date officially remains near the end of January.
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.

So is it really accepted

Yes - but this is usually a limited quantity set of processed accounts, if past history repeats itself.  The full-blown open the door and let the horde in will, again based on past history, will be on the official start date.

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
smoney21

my bad

please read what was just posted before you wrote your question

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies