turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

when can 2021 donations be entered?

It is year end 2020. I am packing boxes now to take over to Goodwill shortly after first of year. When will I be able to enter those into itsdeductible?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sorry but 2021 donations cannot be entered until the 2021 tab is available in early January of 2021. Please do not try to enter it under the 2020 tab as you will not be able to switch it to the 2021 tab later. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DJS
Alumni
Alumni

Donations you make in 2021 can only be taken on your 2021 taxes. If using it's deductible that should be possible to enter beginning some time in 2021 and into 2022. 

Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**

Thank you. I do know that they will only be deductible in year 2021. Since I am packing them up now and I have several boxes, I am wondering do I need to keep track of them either hand written or say in a spreadsheet and then reenter them into itsdeductible? I was looking for a more specific timeframe in 2021 - would it be in January by 2nd half of month or much later. I'm assuming that I cannot enter them now with a 2020 date just to eliminate having to record them twice and then change the date to a 2021 date when I'm able. Call me lazy - I just hate to have to record things twice - can make much better use of my time than to have to do that. Also not too crazy about unpacking the boxes later to record them once in its deductible so looking for a solution.

Sorry but 2021 donations cannot be entered until the 2021 tab is available in early January of 2021. Please do not try to enter it under the 2020 tab as you will not be able to switch it to the 2021 tab later. 

I am in the same situation.  I am preparing donations for January 2021 and would like to document as I am photographing and boxing my donations.

Obviously, we can't enter the data until there is a 2021 tab.  So, when will the 2021 tab appear?  I thought the 2020 tab appeared in December of 2019.

The 2021 tab will be available when it  IS  2021 and not before ... probably sometime after the holiday weekend.

LOL I prefer your other answer, but I did send as a suggestion so hopefully, they will change that possibly for 2022.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies