It appears your situation would qualify for the Free Edition, but the only way to be sure is to start for free and see if an upgrade is requested along the way.
Here is the general information on the Free Edition of TurboTax. A simple return is a Form 1040 only, without any additional schedules. Simple tax situations covered in TurboTax Free Edition include:
- W-2 income
- Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
- Claiming the standard deduction
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)
- Child tax credits
Situations not covered in TurboTax Free
- Itemized deductions
- Business or 1099-MISC income
- Stock sales
- Rental property income
- Credits, deductions and income reported on schedules 1-6, such as the Student Loan
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"