Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

What information do I need to e-file?

1 Reply
Level 1

What information do I need to e-file?

If you have completed your tax return using the forms to report your income (W-2 and various 1099s), your possible credits (forms 1098) and your health insurance (forms 1095), you need your 2017 AGI to e-file.

Here is where to find it:

Form 1040 – Line 37 

Form 1040A – Line 21 

Form 1040EZ – Line 4

Form 1040NR – Line 36 

Form 1040X – Line 1, Column A

If you prepared in TurboTax Online, here is how to access your prior return:

1.       Make sure you’re signed in to your TurboTax account.

2.       Select Tax Home from the left menu.

3.       Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and select 2017.

4.       Select View adjusted gross Income (AGI)

If you prepared your tax return in TurboTax CD/Download, it should be saved on your computer.

If you prepared your tax return through other software, you can request a transcript from the IRS. 

Follow this link: Get a Transcript

If you filed your tax return after October, 2018, use $0.

For more information, including a picture reference, follow this link: How to Find Last Year's AGI

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings