HarryO3

What if my return is correct and my sons was wrong and a 1040X is being done. His exemption was incorrect, making mine get rejected?

HelenC1

You'll have to print, sign and mail in your income tax return(s). You won't be able to e-file your income tax return(s) since your son e-filed and claimed himself on his income tax returns. 

• The IRS has accepted his name, Social Security Number (SSN) and the fact that he entered that no one can claim him as a dependent.
  • Your son will have to amend his income tax return(s) and file Form 1040X. See How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed?
  • Your son's 1040X has to be mailed in and will take approximately 12 weeks to process.

[Edited 3-18-2020|7:50 am PST]

HelenC1

[Edited 3-18-2020|7:50 am PST]