wejjrirs18

What does "Start for free, pay only when you file" mean. I already paid for the Turbo Tax Premier software.

Anita01

That's only for people using th online products.  For those, you can do a return and not pay anything until you're ready to file.

For the Desktop/CD versions, you actually buy and own the software.  This prepaid software allows you many more options, such as being able to see and work on Forms, and to file up to 5 Federal returns for free.

So make sure you use the program installed on your computer and do not go online to log in to an online account.  You should have a blue bar at the top with the menu going across saying Personal Info...Federal...State...Review....File

If you see a black colum on the Left side with My Info....Federal....etc that is the Online version.  You do not want that.