turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

juslink

What does it mean "aggregation statement must be entered"?

Yeah, I don't get this. This whole aggregation thing just seems like a land mine. If you agree to aggregation because they make it seem appropriate TurboTax then doesn't handle it correctly and you don't find out until after you've filled everything out and, what is worse, there is no way to undo it!

TurboTax: Do you really have no response for what to do with this situation?

Thanks for this explanation. It was extremely helpful. I would have been fine with the "aggregation" of me and my spouses separate qualified business interests. But the requirement for a justifying aggregation statement was too much to deal with. We don't need our QBI's aggregated. One would hope that in the future, Turbotax would give me a choice in the step by step for whether or not I wanted to aggregate. Thanks again. 

I only rent a room in my home. I never had to enter this question (Aggregation statement) before. Can I delete this or what to be able to efile?

I solved this problem myself by going back to the Federal tax where I entered the expenses for the room rental.  I failed to answer a few questions at the end of the expenses that dealt with the Qualified Aggreation Statement. After this I was able to correct this problem and file as usual.  Hope this can help someone else.

I just got stuck with this due to having two K-1 (mine + my husband's) for the same partnership so it lists them separately (wouldn't let me efile when I deleted the redundant 2nd listing of same partnership, insisted that I link to a worksheet I deleted to try to avoid this issue, so I had to divide the real QBI by 2 so not double-counted) and forced me to aggregate them with an aggregation statement that was not explained in the error message and seemed to ask me twice so I wrote the same explanation twice only to discover that it wasn't that it had rejected my first explanation due to too many characters and wanted me to try again, but instead was asking a different question, whether it had changed from the prior year, so I didn't answer the 2nd question, just repeated the first statement more succinctly, and now it's too late to fix since it didn't display the changes it was making unbeknownst to me before filing.  Total BS. 

@curtiswandas Can you point to where you made this change? I specifically recall entering text in the QBI area where they provided a couple of lines, but for whatever reason this still comes up for me when doing a check at the end. I also created my own post about this.

Jmirgens

Me and my wife have royalties from about 7 wells and I want to aggregate them for the qbi. What do I write in the space it says to enter a statement. I have never had to do this before so am confused. Jim

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

The aggregation statement would include the following:

-  A description of each trade or business or property.

- The name and EIN of each entity in which a trade or business or property is operated.

- Information identifying any trade or business that was formed, ceased operations, was acquired, or was disposed of during the taxable year.

- Information identifying any aggregated trade or business or property of an RPE in which the RPE holds an ownership interest.

- Such other information as the Commissioner may require in forms, instructions, or other published guidance.

In your case, you could say something like 'oil well royalties operated by' (and list names/EINs from the 1099-Misc's). 

Click this link for detailed info Aggregating for QBI

@Jmirgens

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
frustrated37
Returning Member

I have an insurance brokerage and received a K-1 from a separate brokerage in which I am a partner, but my ownership is less than 50% and therefore I am not eligible to aggregate the two. TurboTax is aggregating my two brokerages and I do not see anywhere where I can elect not to have that happen. I was able to delete the QBI aggregation form as per the instructions, but now in the review/error screen when I am supposed to be able to double click on the box to link to a new QBI component worksheet, nothing happens. Please help.

Nimmy56

I think I got past this by going back and changing the business name on the QBI section. Previously I put first middle last name, but I changed to first last name and got past it. No idea if that’s why or just luck. 

joesirico

I'm in the review mode and the QBI worksheet needs an aggregation statement. I've aggregated all of my rental properties. They are all residential single family units. How do I fill this out?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies