Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

guilace

What do MAPFL and MAPML mean?

In box 14 I see MAPFL and MAPML both with a number next to them. How do I put this in
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I assume your W-2 is from Massachusetts. MAPFL is Massachusetts Paid Family Leave. MAPML is Massachusetts Paid Medical Leave. Enter them in box 14 in TurboTax as they appear on your W-2. When you click Continue after you finish entering your W-2 you will get a screen saying that TurboTax doesn't recognize the abbreviation, and giving you a pull-down list of descriptions to choose from. In that list select "Other mandatory deductible state or local tax not listed." (The wording might vary slightly.) You will have to do this twice, once for each of the two entries.

Mosk3609

Is this taken or added from the state tax total? Ie total ma state say $10 the maps combined is $1 on line 14 so do I add the dollar to the state tax when filing or just use the total state tax on the w2 as is? I know I did not pay over so I do not need the calculation form 

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

These amount are completely separate from the state tax withheld. Just use the state tax withheld amount reported in Box 17. Do not "add" the MAPFL and MAPML to your state tax withholding in Box 17.

MAPFL (Massachusetts Paid Family Leave) and MAPML (Massachusetts Paid Medical Leave) are mandatory taxes (premiums) deducted from your pay and reported in Box 14 of Form W-2.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies