turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mikele

What do I do with the Payment Voucher?

I owe a bit for State taxes this year and I was just expecting to write a check and be done with it. Do I send a check with the Voucher or what? There isn't clear instructions about it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
RamonT

Form 1040-V: Payment Voucher (not to be confused with 1040-ES: Estimated Tax Voucher) is an optional IRS form that you include with your check or money order when you mail your tax payment.

Although the IRS will gladly accept your payment without the 1040-V, including it enables the IRS to process your payment more efficiently.

• If you choose I will mail a check as your payment option, and you owe taxes, we'll automatically include Form 1040-V when you print the filing copy of your return.
  • If you're e-filing and you owe, we give you the option to print 1040-V after your return has been accepted. After acceptance, simply open your return and follow the on-screen instructions to print it out.

Either way, we'll also provide mailing instructions for where to send your payment.

You can also get Form 1040-V and/or the mailing instructions directly from the IRS website.

Am I correct in assuming just 1040-V with the check and nothing else, because I filed online; meaning the IRS already received the 1040 form.? My first time paying with the voucher and I just need to be sure. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies