slc_kristen

What do I do if my employer hasn't issued W2s and has never given me paystubs?

Last year I didn't receive a W2 until some time in March. I have never received a paystub from my employer and they won't give me any information as to what pay I received, taxes that were withheld, or even respond when I ask when I will be receiving this year's W2.

KiaraE

From the IRS website directly:

1. Contact your employer first.  Ask your employer – or former employer – to send your W-2 if it has not already been sent. Make sure your employer has your correct address.

2. Contact the IRS. After February 14, you may call the IRS at 800-829-1040 if you have not yet received your W-2. Be prepared to provide your name, address, Social Security number and phone number. You should also have the following information when you call:

• Your employer’s name, address and phone number;
    • Your employment dates; and
    • An estimate of your wages and federal income tax withheld in 2012, based upon your final pay stub or leave-and-earnings statement, if available.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/missing-your-w2-here-is-what-to-do