Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gund2510

What do I do if I owe income tax but don't have the money to pay it right now?

Can I request a payment plan through turbotax?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can setup a payment plan when you go through the interview to file your taxes.  Or, you can apply for a payment plan on the IRS website.  On a payment plan, you will still incur penalty and interest until the full amount of taxes due are paid.

Avoid a penalty by filing and paying your tax by the due date, even if you can’t pay what you owe.

For individuals and businesses: Apply online for a payment plan (including installment agreement) to pay off your balance over time. Fees apply.

For more information on payment plans including streamlined, in-business trust fund express, guaranteed, and partial payment installment agreements refer to Tax Topic No. 202-Tax Payment Options.

Apply for a Payment Plan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You can setup a payment plan when you go through the interview to file your taxes.  Or, you can apply for a payment plan on the IRS website.  On a payment plan, you will still incur penalty and interest until the full amount of taxes due are paid.

Avoid a penalty by filing and paying your tax by the due date, even if you can’t pay what you owe.

For individuals and businesses: Apply online for a payment plan (including installment agreement) to pay off your balance over time. Fees apply.

For more information on payment plans including streamlined, in-business trust fund express, guaranteed, and partial payment installment agreements refer to Tax Topic No. 202-Tax Payment Options.

Apply for a Payment Plan

catgust

Under payment methods there are options for installment payments, etc.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies