turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Forgot my password. Got a code on my phone, entered it and it logged me in. Never prompted me for a new PW. Can't change PW because old one is required to change. Help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Forgot my password. Got a code on my phone, entered it and it logged me in. Never prompted me for a new PW. Can't change PW because old one is required to change. Help?

If you do not remember your current password, you can reset it from the TurboTax account recovery page. Please read the TurboTax FAQ, listed below, to learn how to reset your password.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302318

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301500

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is useless information. You didn't even read my question. I did the above already. I got a code on my phone. I put the code in and it logged me into my account on TurboT ax. The problem is that I was never asked to set a NEW password so I still don't know my password. If I log out of TT, I will be in the same situation again having to do the code to log in. I tried to change my password but it requires the old one which I don't know. I'd like to file my taxes on time, so please let me know how to SET a new password without knowing the old one.
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Were you still not able to change your password under the Intuit Account as instructed in the second FAQ?

1. Sign in to TurboTax and select Intuit Account on the left, just above "Sign Out" (you may need to scroll down; click or tap the 3 white lines or Tax Home if you still don't see this).
2. This will open your Account.
3. Select Edit next to the information you want to change.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

As I said before, it won't let me change my password when I am logged in. I went to the account page and clicked Edit and yes, it has a place for me to enter a NEW password but also has a box that requires the OLD password in order to change to a new one. Since I don't know my OLD password, I can't do anything on that page.

I just did the Send Me a Code thing again and finally, when I clicked Continue after entering it, it prompted me for a new password. It had not done that the other times I entered the code. On those occasions, it just logged me into Turbo Tax.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies