turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2016 return is under a different account with a different email and phone number that I don't have anymore how do I get tha AGI of of that return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CarrieLO

My 2016 return is under a different account with a different email and phone number that I don't have anymore how do I get tha AGI of of that return?

We can help you recover your User ID or password

If you need help getting your TurboTax Online User ID or password, go to our account recovery page and follow the instructions.

For more detailed information, go to Forgot your TurboTax User ID or password?

If you have changed your email address and can no longer access the email you used to sign up for TurboTax, you can submit a request to change your email here.

You can also locate your 2016 AGI by following the suggestions from the link below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900840-how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi

My 2018 return is under a different email and phone number, the new email and phone number, and I moved to different location.

RayW7
Expert Alumni

If you forgot your TurboTax Online User ID or password for a previous year follow these instructions.

To recover your user ID or password:

1. Go to the account recovery page.
  2. Enter one of the following:
    • Phone number (recommended)
    • Email address
    • User ID
  3. Follow the instructions. We'll customize them based on the info you provide and whether we recognize the device.

Once you're done, we'll either send you a code to help you recover your account, or show/send you a list of accounts associated with your info.

If you’re still unable to recover your account, select Try something else on the Account Recovery page. We'll ask additional questions to verify your identity.

Keep in mind: Once you're back in your account, we recommend you enter or update your phone number. This increases your account security and makes it easier to recovery your account.

(If you're looking to access a prior year return, go here.)

If you have exhausted all options above you may have to get a transcript of previous Tax Filings from the IRS.

Here's how to get a transcript:

1. Order Online. The fastest way to get a Tax Return or Account transcript is through the 'Get Transcript' tool available on IRS.gov.
  2. Order by mail.

Tax return and tax account transcripts are also limited to the current and prior three tax years when using Get Transcript by Mail. However, you may be able to get older tax account transcripts by calling our automated phone transcript service at 800-908-9946. Otherwise, you must submit Form 4506-T.

If you are needing your AGI for Tax Year 2016 the IRS visit our Get Transcript frequently asked questions (FAQs) for more information. 

Request Online

What You Need

To register and use this service, you need:

• your SSN, date of birth, filing status and mailing address from latest tax return,
  • access to your email account,
  • your personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan, and
  • a mobile phone with your name on the account.

What You Get

• All transcript types are available online
  • View, print or download your transcript
  • Username and password to return later

Request by Mail

What You Need

To use this service, you need your:

What You Get

• Return or Account transcript types delivered by mail
  • Transcripts arrive in 5 to 10 calendar days at the address we have on file for you

Cant see how to change email

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies