Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"We are sorry, we are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please verify your billing address, card number and CVV and try again."

As the subject says I have been unable to process my return and tech support is ZERO help. I am getting the dreaded "We are sorry, we are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please verify your billing address, card number and CVV and try again."when trying to file a joint return including state. Things I have done to troubleshoot

- Cleared all cookies and storage.

- Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, and TurboTax app on a total of 7 devices

- Completely uninstalled and readded all browsers

- All addresses on my account and returns match to the letter

- Tried the 123 Main Street workaround

- Tried using gibberish for billing address

- 3 separate tech support calls, not calling again with the wait being well over an hour at this point

I am out of things to try and my last support call "got disconnected" (hung up on me) after an hour of troubleshooting. Pretty close to cancelling everything Intuit I have including QuickBooks which I use for my business. Not worth the headache and awful tech support but fingers crossed a unicorn can help me here.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
ins-pam

"We are sorry, we are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please verify your billing address, card number and CVV and try again."

I hate to ask but is it a standard MasterCard or Visa credit card or a pre-paid type card? 

I have tried standard MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. All with the same billing address as my return, to the letter. I have not tried a prepaid card which I don't have.

ins-pam

I process a lot of cards in my work and generally that issue only shows up with the pre-paid type or if the site does not accept AMEX as a few do not.  Do not enter any spaces in your name or in the address to see if that works? Two venders I have to skip the spaces... example:  johnsmith    not John Smith

Thanks for that suggestion. I have tried every variation of my name and address and only tried Amex after non of my other cards would go through. It is either a mess up with their address verification or my account is locked for some reason, although an agent assured me that was not the case. The charges hit my cards every time (all pending) but the actual charge never goes through. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

So we can take a closer look at your specific situation, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@Mkenny 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is just a suggestion but please, Make sure that your billing information and phone number in TTO, is the same one that you are using in TTD. In order to check out you may have to wait 24 hours after the update to proceed with processing the credit card to pay for state return. 

samlinn12

Absolutely unhelpful. Help article points to a phone number with a 30 minute wait.  I've been disconnected twice.  Never had such a hard time paying for something before.  

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you still experience the issue, please call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies