Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We are offered a "Free" version of Turbo Tax Deluxe from T. Rowe Price, you "only pay when filing." How much does it cost to file the federal and State versions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

We are offered a "Free" version of Turbo Tax Deluxe from T. Rowe Price, you "only pay when filing." How much does it cost to file the federal and State versions?

If you plan to use the discount offer from T. Rowe Price, be sure that you access the TurboTax program through their website.  Otherwise, you will not receive the discounted price.  See the information below regarding affiliate discounts.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4652791

The current price (1/14/2018) for TurboTax online Deluxe program is $39.99 for the federal program, and an additional $36.99 for each state program.  There is no additional charge to e-file either federal or state returns when using the online platform.

***These prices are subject to change at any time and without notice.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Make sure you understand the offer.  Is it free for the Desktop Deluxe program you install on your computer?  Then it's totally free except to efile state.  Or you can print and mail state for free.

The Online versions you do pay to prepare the returns.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@VolvoGirl I "think" I recall that affiliate discounts are almost exclusively for the online platform.
*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

No you can get deals on the Desktop program too.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Okay, my mistake.  Thanks!
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

If you plan to use the discount offer from T. Rowe Price, be sure that you access the TurboTax program through their website.  Otherwise, you will not receive the discounted price.  See the information below regarding affiliate discounts.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4652791

The current price (1/14/2018) for TurboTax online Deluxe program is $39.99 for the federal program, and an additional $36.99 for each state program.  There is no additional charge to e-file either federal or state returns when using the online platform.

***These prices are subject to change at any time and without notice.

Are these costs paid for with your fed and state returns or do they have to be paid up front?
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@chriscabal15 TurboTax fees can be paid with a debit or credit card (up-front) OR by deducting the cost from your federal tax refund if you have one.  This is called the "Refund Processing Service" and is NOT free.  There is an additional charge of $39.99 (I believe) to have the TT fees deducted from your federal refund.
rnajah

Sweet & tweet 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies