W2 from insurance company for maternity leave pay - is that considered "paid family leave" when asked if any of these uncommon w2 situations apply?

I went on maternity leave last year and received short term disability payments from my companies short term disability insurance provider. I received a w2 for this pay. I am not sure if this is considered "paid family leave," as it came from an insurance company and not my employer.

Yes.  It is considered paid family leave.  Paid Family Leave (PFL) income is money you receive from your employer, an insurer, or the government while you are away from work for an extended period of time so you can recover from a serious health issue, take care of a seriously ill family member, or bond with your newborn or newly adopted child.

I received a 1099-Misc for my maternity "disability" pay. For my primary W2 from the place I was employed at the time of my maternity leave, should I check off that part of the income was received as paid family leave or not since that income is listed on the 1099-Misc...?

Use this link to post your question so more people can see it...;)  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new</a>

Is this the same as receiving a 1099G from CA EDD for paid family leave? Should I check "paid family leave" when asked if any of these uncommon w2 situations?