W2-C

W2-C

I did my taxes in Turbo Tax Deluxe, did the steps, did the check, all good saved the file. Reopened  few days later wanting to file and went through the steps again and now it is saying based upon what I entered I am to expect a W2 C? why all of a sudden I didn't change anything, my only deferred Income is my 403B contributions as I have always had listed.

W2-C

I am in the same situation and have checked my W2 information, and have verified the SS withheld and entered is the total amount owed for the year, so I think it is a glitch in the Turbo Tax checking algorithm.  To check your amounts, Social Security withheld should equal 6.2% of social security wages; Medicare withheld should be 1.45% of Medicare wages.

W2-C

You received the message in error.  You can proceed to file your taxes as normal.  

This message was intended for individuals who deferred Social Security and/or certain self-employment taxes. 

The issue has been resolved.  

The Coronavirus, Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) allows employers to defer the deposit and payment of the employer's share of Social Security taxes and self-employed individuals to defer payment of certain self-employment taxes.  For more information on the Deferral of employment tax deposits and payments through December 31, 2020, click here.

Only customers who may legitimately receive a W-2C will get the pop-up.   

W2-C

I am not sure it was fixed.  I received the same error though I did go ahead and file.  We did not defer out SS taxes nor are we self employed.

Will this cause errors at some future time?
Thanks,

Kerry

W2-C

No.  This will not cause errors in the future since you did not defer your Social Security.

The Coronavirus, Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) allows employers to defer the deposit and payment of the employer's share of Social Security taxes and self-employed individuals to defer payment of certain self-employment taxes. These FAQs address specific issues related to the deferral of deposit and payment of these employment taxes, as well as coordination with the credits for paid leave under sections 7001 and 7003 of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the employee retention credit under section 2301 of the CARES Act. These FAQs will continue to be updated to address additional questions as appropriate.

Related Information

Deferral of employment tax deposits and payments through December 31, 2020